27 Jun 2010 @ 12:14 AM

This is the MyKad Reader I am using which I bought from Secure Metric Technology. I have developed the program using Visual Basic 6 which I call it MyKad Reader System. It can read and save information such as Name, IC No, Address and Photo into MS Access 2003 database. Printing function is also available.

You need to own the Smart Card Reader device to use this program. A free version is available to download at the following link.

Product Link: http://poon.my/index.php/2011/01/mykad-system/

Posted By: Aeric
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2014 @ 01:57 AM

EmailPermalink
Tags
Tags: , , , , ,
Categories: Cyberticles, News, Projects

Responses to this post » (30 Total)

1. RoyceKok says:

We are ( Living Channel Sales & Services ) location in Penang state and like to know more about Mykad system.

Campany : Living Channel Sales & Services
    Contact : 012 4282659
    Email:roycekok2659@gmail.com

2. Aeric says:

Hi Royce,
    I have replied your email.

3. shukor says:

can the data from mykad read from msaccess app ? what is the price ?

4. Aeric says:

Hi shukor,
    My program can search from existing record in MS Access and show in the screen.

5. Aeric says:

You can download a free MyKad System here:
    MyKad System

6. arisa says:

can i know the manual to connect this device in vb 8.0?

7. arisa says:

can you help me to develop my final year project? please teach me..

8. Aeric says:

hi arisa, you are welcome to ask question regarding this project

9. Ronny says:

I also have an application running MSAccess 2007/2010 for MyKAD. Anyone interested can contact me!!

TQ

10. fauzi says:

i got problem when try to install the driver for this device
    can u give me the link where i can get the driver?
    I want to develop the web base system using mykad

11. John says:

hey this program is free right ? can i get a copy of the source code ? pls
    Email : sphinxstudios@gmail.com

12. Aeric says:

Hi fauzi,
    you need to purchase the SDK with the reader. The driver is not available for download.

13. Aeric says:

Hi John,
    You are free to download and use this program but source code is not open source.

14. Azam says:

can i change the system title ?.. well i might be asked if i’ve join MCA already .theee

15. Aeric says:

Hi Azam, you can contact me if you want me to customize the system for your company use.

16. Aeric says:

The driver for ROCKEY 200 is available for download at http://www.rockey.com.my/dl-rockey-readers.php

17. Aeric says:

Update 06 April 2012: MyKad System Beta 0.3 (Build 8). MyKad.dll is included!

18. Aeric says:

Update 09 April 2012: MyKad System 0.4 (Build 20). Printing function added!

19. Aeric says:

Update 20 April 2012: MyKad System 1.0 (Build 22) stable version released!

20. Boyd says:

hi Aeric, may i know where to purchase the MyKad Reader to try out your system? Thanks!!!

21. Aeric says:

hi Boyd,
    you can purchase ROCKEY200 Smartcard reader from Securemetric Technology sdn bhd. Please visit http://www.securemetric.com/ and http://rockey.com.my/prod-rockey-readers.php for more info. I also keep extra devices in case you want to purchase from me.

22. Louis says:

Looking for ready made system with 13 units reader each branch 1 unit reader
    – Main for loyalty program for my computer Sales & services store any ready system for
    – input client database by MyKad scanner
    – Check current client database record/history
    – Simple cash/credit payment record + products inventory report
    call 013-2103488

23. mohd. azrin bin abd. aziz says:

alo aeric..tqvm coz give me to download this software. actually i want to ask you how to save the data n print?

24. Aeric says:

Dear mohd. azrin bin abd. aziz,
    I am more familiar using ADO to save to MS Access database and print using print method in Visual Basic 6. You can search on the Internet or website like planet-source-code.com which can help you if you are just started in programming.

25. Moses Tan says:

Dear Aeric,
    We in Tindak Malaysia, a voluntary NGO, are in the process of recruiting Scrutineers to push for Free & Fair Elections in Malaysia. We need a more efficient method of recruitment which we are currently undertaking with the old method of form filling and entering the data from the forms into spreadsheets for further action. It would be ideal if we could speed up the process by scanning the MyKads of the volunteers to a database, to which we can include other necessary information such as telephone numbers, email and areas of expertise of the volunteers.
    Will you be able to help us with your expertise please? You can contact me by email or by phone 012-3750011. Thank You

26. magnificent put up, very informative. I ponder why the
    other specialists of this sector don’t understand this.
    You must continue your writing. I am confident, you’ve a great
    readers’ base already!

27. seandale says:

Took it out of the bubblewrap, took the twisty tie off the cord, plugged the USB into the port on my laptop and it automatically installed the drivers. Went to AKO, chose log in with CAC card, it read the certificate, I put in my PIN, and voila! Worked perfectly in less than 3 minutes. I highly recommend this CAC reader to anyone in the military that wants to use one on their home computer.
    vb.net qrcode generation

28. Yogesh says:

Dear Aric,

I want to use your software where you can made in VB6. i have tried to download the software from poon.my but there was asking registration and after get registration does not received any mail. Can you give me the software?

Thanks,
    Yogesh

29. Aeric says:

Dear Yogesh,
    Sorry for the download issue. It may caused by the plugin is no longer working. Please download from the direct link:

Please contact us at support@poon.my for customize system. Thanks.

30. […] If you have searched through the Internet, you may find that it is not easy to find source code for MyKad Reader System. There are a lot of Smart Card Reader device in the market such as Castle EZ100 PU, Secure Metric Rockey 200, IRIS SCR20 or SCR30. The SDKs provided by the manufacturers are written in C++ or .NET where you may find difficulty if you wish to write a system such as Visitor Management System using Visual Basic 6.0. The best SDK I found for VB6 is provided by Secure Metric. I found it is easy to use even though the performance is not so good. I have been using it to develop my system for many years. You can take a look at my free try program. […]